Arsene Moyes, Guest Author
There is a book in all of us. While some of us would easily have the motivation of starting their book, some people would need to get a kick up their behind to push them to follow their dream of being an author.
Being an author is one of the most acclaimed accomplishments one could claim to be in life. This is because being an author is not easy. Writing a book is not easy. Anyone who tells you that it is easy is lying. I am here to dispel a few myths that many people have about being an author.
1. It is Not Easy. I am mentioning this again because it will take you a long time and you will be very frustrated at times. It is difficult to write a few thousand words without being frustrated. There is a long process ahead of you – writing, editing, proofreading, design and what not. It is not easy at all.
2. Discipline is the Key to Success. Like any endeavor in life, you need to be disciplined in order to write a book. You need to set up a plan to write. When I wrote my first book, it took me 2 and a half months to prepare the outline for the book and another 3 months to write finish the book. During this period, I was frustrated so many times because it seems like I wasn’t sure where this book would be heading.
3. Just Put Out What You Want. When writing, it is important that you stop judging what you write. It is very easy to write a little and then judge what you have written. But if you were to do so, your book would never be finished. Write everything you set out to write. Only start judging when it’s time to do so. This would be during the editing period. Put everything out first. Be in a state of non-judgemental.
4. Take it One Step at a Time. Write fast but don’t focus too much on the end result. If you are constantly looking at the end result, you will be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work which you still have to do. It has freaked me out before and I am sure that it will freak out any aspiring authors. That’s why writing a book is not easy. Take it one step at a time. Do a few small things first.
5. Just Start. I have mentioned about doing small things first. Take the first few small steps now. It may be simply creating a brief outline of your book or brainstorming on ideas that you want your book to incorporate. May it as easy as possible. Do the easy tasks first. Don’t look for perfection, look for movement.
6. This is The Best Time In History To Be An Author. There has never been a better time to be an author. The publishing world is changing rapidly and anyone (YES, ANYONE) can be an author. With the advent of self-publishing tools online, you can easily publish a book.
Copyright © 2013 Arsene Moyes. Arsene helps people produce their books with ease. His website appears to be down. If you know how to reach Arsene Moyes, please let me know. I would love to give him proper credit.
Larry James is a professional speaker and the author of three relationship books, “How to Really Love the One You’re With: Affirmative Guidelines for a Healthy Love Relationship,” “LoveNotes for Lovers: Words That Make Music for Two Hearts Dancing” and “Red Hot LoveNotes for Lovers.” His newest book is “Ten Commitments of Networking.” Larry James also offers “Author & Speaker” coaching. Contact: AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com, P.O. Box 12695, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695. CelebrateLove@cox.net – More than 110 articles especially for Authors & Speakers at: www.AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com
NOTE: All articles and “LoveNotes” listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationships” BLOG at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Networking” BLOG at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Weddings” BLOG at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com