This Halloween… Do something different for your “Tiny Tricksters!”
When they come to your door on Halloween… treat them to some “brain candy!” Feed their mind, not their cavities!
“Books For Treats” is an ingenious program created by my friend, Rebecca Morgan, California (author and speaker). It encourages parents to recycle their gently used children’s books by giving them out on Halloween instead of candy.
How can you participate?
• Pass the link to this article to your author and speaker friends. – http://tinyurl.com/3efmubg – Share it with your Facebook friends and Tweet about it on Twitter! Help us promote this terrific idea!
• Gather gently read children’s books to give out in your neighborhood.
• Download our kit to help you sort your books by grade level.
• Volunteer to help (fill out the form on the left)
• Have your company become a sponsor
• Make a donation of any amount through PayPal to info@BooksForTreats.org. We appreciate any funds, as they help us purchase used books, provide PR and ads to get the word out, and keep our web site up to date.
• Talk to your friends, co-workers and neighbors about participating in Books for Treats. Send them a link to this web site.
Whenever I give out books on Halloween I be sure that my business card is in the book to be used as a book mark. 😉 I also have a red stamp that I post at the beginning of the book that says, “Compliments of Larry James, CelebrateLove.com!” I will often drop an additional business card in their candy baskets.
Want to talk to someone about how you can help? Contact Rebecca Morgan, founder and Executive Director. 408-998-7977.
Send e-mail to Rebecca at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next… Treat your own children to some “Halloween Humor” at: http://www.celebratelove.com/halloweenhumor.htm
Copyright © 2011 – Larry James. Larry James is a professional speaker and the author of three relationship books, “How to Really Love the One You’re With: Affirmative Guidelines for a Healthy Love Relationship,” “LoveNotes for Lovers: Words That Make Music for Two Hearts Dancing” and “Red Hot LoveNotes for Lovers.” His newest book is “Ten Commitments of Networking.” Larry James also offers “Author & Speaker” coaching. Contact: AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com, P.O. Box 12695, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695. CelebrateLove@cox.net – More than 110 articles especially for Authors & Speakers at: www.AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com
NOTE: All articles and “LoveNotes” listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationships” BLOG at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Networking” BLOG at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Weddings” BLOG at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com