When you are doing research for a book or a speech, it’s best to go right to the source.
• www.dictionary.com – Check out Dr. Dictionary.
• www.yourdictionary.com – Includes dictionaries for 270 languages; glossaries of abbreviations and acronyms, rhyming dictionaries, plue specialty gides for nearly 100 fields. This site includes a list of the 100 most often mispelled misspelled words in English.
• www.OneLook.com – This site has over 400 specialty dictionaries. Put your word in once and OneLook will look through all of them for you.
• www.websters-online-dictionary.org – This site gives you background origins, definitions, images, crosswords, rhyming words, quotations, expressions, commercial and literary usage, anagrams, Internet keyword frequencies, translation and meanings in multiple languages and more.
• www.Google.com – Google will now define a word. Go to Google and type define:word (without spaces). It will give you links to sites that will give you the definition of the word. Another thing I like about Google is if you’re not sure of the spelling of a word, search Google for it and it will come up with the correct spelling.
• www.WordNik.com – Get started by looking up a word. You’ll find definitions of the word from several different sources. You’ll also find examples of how to use a word and related words. Then, you can dig a little deeper. See how popular the word was in a given time period. Learn the etymology (history) of the word. One of Wordnik’s best features is the pronunciation guide. Hear an audio example of how the word is pronounced. What good is a big vocabulary if you can’t pronounce the words?
BONUS Dictionary Website: Top 10 Dictionary Sites!
Copyright © 2011 – Larry James. Larry James is a professional speaker and the author of three relationship books, “How to Really Love the One You’re With: Affirmative Guidelines for a Healthy Love Relationship,” “LoveNotes for Lovers: Words That Make Music for Two Hearts Dancing” and “Red Hot LoveNotes for Lovers.” His newest book is “Ten Commitments of Networking.” Larry James also offers “Author & Speaker” coaching. Contact: AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com, P.O. Box 12695, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695. CelebrateLove@cox.net – More than 110 articles especially for Authors & Speakers at: www.AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com
NOTE: All articles and “LoveNotes” listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationships” BLOG at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Networking” BLOG at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Weddings” BLOG at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com